I am a project manager and researcher in Applied Mathematics. My research interests are in fluid flow simulation in complex geometries, but I am curious about various interactions with other fields.
- Since February 2021 : Research Engineer and Project Manager at IRMA (University of Strasbourg) Interdisciplinary IRMIA++ Project management and communication.
- October 2019 - November 2020 : Research and Innovation Consultant at Actimage Project and team management for calls and tenders, technology intelligence and partnerships on innovative subjects (e-Health, personal data analysis, predictive algorithms).
- October 2015 - September 2019 : Contractual Researcher at LMAP (Numerical Methods and Complex Fluids team) 3D numerical simulation of porous flow in real complex geometries : implementation and test of an orignal vortex method, optimization on cluster environment, comparison with real data.
- February 2015 - August 2015 : Research Intern at CHLOE (Computational Hydrocarbon Laboratory for Optimized Energy Efficiency) "Modélisation d'une antenne électromagnétique alimentée par câble coaxial", supervised by S. Cambon and M. Duruflé.
- May 2014 - August 2014 : Research Intern at CERFACS (ALGO team) "Accélération d'une méthode d'équations intégrales sur un triangle par la méthode ACA", supervised by S. Tordeux and M. Fares.
- July 2018 : Numerical session "Pore-scale modelling and computing", Summer school on Energy and Environment Challenges (E2S - UPPA)
- 2015 - 2018 : Mentoring and teaching (teaching assistant - 64h/year) : Linear algebra, Algebra, Analysis, Statistics, Arithmetic (UPPA - Department of Mathematics)
- 2010 - 2016 : Individual mentoring in mathematics and physics (high school level)
- 2021 : Organisation of RJMI event - Scientific dissemination for high school girls
- 2014 - 2019 : Scientific activities - Organisation of public and educational events (Member of Mathematicum since 2015)
- 2017 : Organisation of LMAP PhD students seminar (UPPA)
- 2016 - 2019 : PhD Students representative at LMAP laboratory council (2016-2019), ED 211 doctoral school council (2017-2018) and UPPA CT3-Scientific applications technical commission (2017-2019)
- October 2015 - October 2018 : PhD thesis at LMAP (Numeric Methods and Complex Fluids team) : "Approche numérique d'écoulements complexes en milieux poreux à l'échelle des pores" , supervised by P. Poncet
- October 2015 - January 2016 : Additional courses (Navier-Stokes equations, Porous media) (UPPA)
- October 2015 : Training course on CO2 sequestration in deep geological formations (19-21 October 2015, Montpellier)
- 2013 - 2015 : Master Mathematics, Modelling and Simulation (UPPA)
Programming and informatics
- Linux, Mac OS, Windows
- C, C++, Fortran, Java, Python
- MPI, OpenMP
- HTML, CSS
Simulation and computational tools
- Comsol Multiphysics
- French (Mother tongue)
- English (TOEIC 950 - Cambridge Advanced Certification )
- Spanish (Level B2)
- Laurène Hume and Philippe Poncet, "A velocity-vorticity method for highly viscous 3D flows with application to digital rock physics" Journal of Computational Physics (2020)
- David Sanchez, Laurène Hume, Robin Chatelin, and Philippe Poncet, "Analysis of the 3D non-linear Stokes problem coupled to transport-diffusion for shear-thinning heterogeneous microscale flows, applications to digital rock physics and mucociliary clearance" ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis (2019)
- Benoît Noetinger, Laurène Hume, Robin Chatelin, and Philippe Poncet, "Effective viscosity of a random mixture of fluids" Physical Review Fluids 3, 014103 (2018)
- "Modelling of highly viscous 3D flows at the pore scale" [Abstract] (SMAI 2019, 9ème biennale des Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles, Guidel Plages, 13-17 May 2019)
- "Permeability estimation using vortex-based method and synthetic samples from X-ray micro-CT" [Abstract] (14èmes Journées d'Etude des Milieux Poreux, Nantes, 8-10 October 2018)
- "Vortex-based penalized method for permeability estimation of real samples" [Abstract] (Fifteenth International Conference Zaragoza-Pau on Mathematics and its Applications, Jaca, 10-12 September 2018)
- "Ecoulements complexes en milieu poreux : estimation de la perméabilité et transport à viscosité variable" [Abstract] (CANUM 2018, Agde, 28 May-01 June 2018)
- "Pore scale modelling in porous media: diffusion-transport coupled to 3D Stokes equation at high resolution" [Abstract] (Vth International conference on Particle-based Methods, Hannover, 26-28 September 2017)
- "Experimental and numerical cross-validation of flow in real porous media. Part 2: Numerical framework" [Abstract] (3rd International Conference on Tomography of Materials and Structures, Lund, 26-30 June 2017)
- "Modélisation de l'écoulement d'un fluide miscible rhéofluidifiant à l'échelle microscopique et application aux roches poreuses 3D" [Abstract] (SMAI 2017, 8ème biennale des Mathématiques Appliquées et Industrielles, La Tremblade, 5-9 June 2017)
- "Phénomènes de transport complexe à l'échelle des pores et modélisation de la rugosité" [Abstract] (13èmes Journées d'Etude des Milieux Poreux, Anglet, 12-14 October 2016)
- "Transport and pore scale modeling of porous media" [Abstract] (Fourteenth International Conference Zaragoza-Pau on Mathematics and its Applications, Jaca, 12-15 September 2016)